Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break!

I started my Spring Break off with my mom and my seester at our annual scrapbooking retreat in Salina. We had a ton of fun and did lots of fun projects. We go with some friends of my moms and go to dinner the night before and have to go to Walmart for a while and then go to the retreat the next day.



Then on Monday and Tuesday, Spencer was gone to Salt Lake to sign papers to join the Army. I know...crazy right?! Well, thats what he decided to do and I am supporting him however I can so thats whats happening. He is shipping out on May 19, and will pretty much be gone until December. Its going to be really hard, especially with everyone else leaving Cedar too. My sister in law is moving clear to Sierra Vista which is on the Mexican border and my only friend in Cedar is getting married and moving to Vegas. Her roommate who I am good friends with too is moving to Salt Lake to do her student teaching so I won't have anybody left here. At least family lives close though.
For St Patricks Day, Spence got home late, but I did corn beef and cabbage and then we had Sparkling Apple Cider with a couple drops of green food coloring in it. It turned out kind of fun.

1 comment:

GabeandKatieBru said...

Mallory this is Katie Clar (Bru now) and my husband is in the Marines! Its no fun, but once they get finished with all the bad it is a good thing to have with the economy so craptastic! I'm sorry though....boot camp sucks!